We normally spend New Year’s Eve in Philadelphia with our good friends. On a recent trip to “The City of Brotherly Love,” I found Meglio Furs, on South Broad Street. The store is closed, but the sign remains. A couple of websites talk about the store. Here is a good one, a real estate blog called Naked Philly. I love this sign, a remembrance of the style and taste of the 40’s and 50’s. It’s the newest in my series, Sign Paintings.
This month marks the third anniversary of this Blog, The Art of Felice Panagrosso. Thank you, for reading my musings and philosophizing about Art, Paris, and life in general, but mostly for looking at the pictures over the last 36 months. I look forward to the next 36!
Here are some highlights of the last 3 years, a list of the top 6 blog posts:
1. What’s the Deal with Felice? January 2013. I introduce you to the original Felice (my grandfather).
2. Painting Safari in New England, Part I. August 2014. An annual trip where I paint “en plein air” in New England, this time on the Appalachian Trail.
3. My White Tire Bicycle. October 2014. A story about a gift from my grandparents.
4. Why is Painting like Fishing? November 2014. Memories of fishing with my Uncle Bill.
5. 3 Reasons NOT to Buy one of my Paintings. April First, 2015. Reasons why you should not by art, and why you should.
and last but not least…
6. We’ll Always have Paris (except for these 4 things). May, 2014. Some things that have changed in the “City of Light.”
See you in 2016,